Friday, April 10, 2020

A Walk to the Long End of the Road

I only meant to walk to the mailbox with a bucket of apples, but Mac decided to come with me, and then we decided to go a bit further. We saw our farmer neighbour doing something with young cattle in his yards, and had a bit of a chat about gorse and drought and how much rain we'd caught on the roofs and what a great year it was for mushrooms - and were a bit hoarse at the end of it, because we were keeping our distance. 
We passed Mac's sister's old place
with the shed that we helped put the roof on the day before I had my stroke a couple of years ago.


I love the shadows these trees cast upon the road.
The liquid amber tree is starting to colour up.
Another peaceful evening.
And in the evening I mend my round-home, merino trousers, practising stitching in anticipation of a more artistic project.

No comments:

Post a Comment