Monday, March 30, 2020

Day 3 of Eating Kumera, Day 1 of Eating Mushrooms.....

My granddaughter, Ti'ana posted on Facebook that she had had enough of everyone posting about Day whatever of lock down, and I thought - she's right! We all know that, why rabbit on about it? Every day is Day something of something!
Today we were awakened by my evil cat smashing my beautiful new butterdish, that had been left out overnight. She never jumps on the bench during the day, but at night she makes the space her own. It is amazing how far the pieces of a glass lid can go, but Simon and Mac cleaned it all up before I even made it out of bed.
I lost the plot today. Mac started talking about how one of us would have to go out sooner or later for food. I am struggling with the whole going out thoughts - I may 'only' be 68.5 yo - so not 'over 70' yet, but I have diabetes so am definitely in the high risk group. He said, 'but we don't have respiratory problems, and we aren't 70 yet.' He, like most people, has no idea what the problems are for diabetics - mostly because they aren't interested or don't want to know. So yeah, I lost it. We may not have everything we need for 12 weeks, as he would like, but we have sufficient to sustain us, albeit not in a very interesting way. I don't want my life put at risk for a loaf of bread!
Yesterday, Mac and Simon worked on replacing the pipe that takes water from the surge tank to the ram pump, doing the hard and dirty work, and today I helped - which meant carrying things, and holding things so Mac could hit things with the sledgehammer. I had plenty of time to go for a wander in the bush, which was so calming.
Our milk arrived by delivery service - so stress-reducing to not have to go out - I am very grateful for this service.

We did a food exchange with a neighbour - she put out mushrooms, we put out apples and kumera. Tonight for dinner we had mushrooms Day 1, and kumera Day 3. Mac and Simon also had homemade bread. I hope Ti'ana approves of the Day Naming!


No comments:

Post a Comment