Friday, March 27, 2020

September Reading

The Dark Mirror: Book 1 The Bridei Chronicles
One of the reasons I like the fantasy genre is that although the main protagonists are usually young, there is always a respect towards the aged characters, a respect for their experience, wisdom, past trials - even in the case of the 'baddies', they are not usually simple baddies, but complex characters with complex pasts.

Divergent Part 1 of the Divergent series by Veronica Roth
Unable to relate much to my granddaughter's passion for Harry Potter, I was relieved to see her reading something else. I enjoyed the book, and intend to read the rest of the series, although unlike the book above, it is very youth oriented (it is designated 'young adult' fiction) and older characters are all very flawed characters, with the young obviously going to save the day. It is a post-apocalyptic story, and as such interests me: I enjoy seeing how others imagine the future and its possibilities.

ooops - never finished this one, but adding it now anyway


No comments:

Post a Comment